There is this hashtag trending on Twitter so I decided to join the trend and write a list of thirteen things that I have learned throughout this year. I have learned a lot this year and I know even though there were many hard times, this has been a year of value and wisdom that I know I will carry with me for the rest of my life.
1. Once you've accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.
2. You can never progress if you are letting things that don't deserve your attention continue to bring you down.
3. Don't ask for time you plan to waste. Don't ask for attention you plan to ignore. Don't ask for effort you plan to take for granted. -Rob Hill Sr.
4. You can't buy an alligator and then get upset when it bites you.
5. Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect, it simply means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
6. A liar will spend all the energy they have trying to convince you that you're insecure before they just tell the truth. -Rob Hill Sr.
7. A woman can't change a man because she loves him, a man changes himself because he loves her.
8. Value yourself enough to choose to be with someone who wants you as much as you want them.
9. The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply.
10. You won't know how strong you truly are until being strong is the only choice you've got.
11. You can't control who you love, but you can control who you play the fool for. Sometimes the best way to love certain people is from a distance. -Rob Hill Sr.
12. Stop making excuses for your sin. The more you rationalize it... the deeper the bondage. -Heather Lindsey
13. Every time you thought you were being rejected from something good, you were actually being re-directed to something better.
What has 2013 taught you?