I am the type of person that likes to put myself out there, however, I will share as little details about myself as possible. I realized that after nine years of sharing my words on this blog, I haven't really even introduced myself. These 20 things only scratch the surface, but hopefully it'll give you a chance to know a few things about me and get an understanding of the person behind this blog.
1. I have lived in 3 different countries and 3 different states throughout my life. The countries I have lived in are Guinea, West Africa (2 years); Chihuahua, Mexico (10 years); and the United States (10 years). The cities and states that I have lived in are Milwaukee, Wisconsin (5 years); Marion, Indiana (4 years); and now, Brooklyn, New York (1 year). Before living in Africa, my parents traveled to many places, such as Australia, Hawaii, and a few places in the Midwest. I do not remember those times so I don't really count them when I talk about places that I have lived.
2. I am deathly afraid of heights, rollercoasters, and thunderstorms... to name a few.
3. I have been sleeping with the same quilted blanket since I was born and it is hard to sleep without it.
4. Since the age of five, I have always wanted to be an artist.
5. I am a people pleaser and an optimist to a fault.
6. Lupita Nyong'o, Justin Bieber and I share the same birthday, March 1st. Pisces in the house!
7. My old best friend and I learned all the choreography to the last dance scene in the movie, Step Up (2006), starring Channing Tatum.
8. I am, without a doubt, a hopeless romantic.
9. If I wasn't a photographer, I would have tried to pursue the culinary arts, psychology or a degree that I could put my writing to use.
10. I love to make people laugh and if I am comfortable, I like to be the life of the party.
11. I am a very nostalgic person and I can easily cry about almost anything, whether happy or sad.
12. I have two brothers and two sisters. I am the second oldest and all of my siblings have the same initials, K. L. M.
13. My dad taught me how to play the piano at the age of five. Sadly, I stopped playing while I was in college.
14. I have a birthmark on my leg that is shaped like a heart.
15. I am an introvert. It took most of my life to figure out who I am in regards to what people thought I should be, but I have fully embraced who I am and I wouldn't want to be any other way.
16. One day, I want to join a music group and sing indy folk music, just because I love to sing.
17. I love Jesus and I wouldn't be who I am today without my Savior.
18. I have fully submerged myself in below zero degree water, to gain points for a camping competition and I survived. Our team also won that year so it was worth it.
19. I am technically legally blind and I couldn't live without the help of eye contacts.
20. If I could have a theme song for my life, it would be Song for Sienna by Brian Crane, Hægt, lemur Ijósiò by Ólafur Arnalds and/or Prelude For Time Feelers by Eluvium.
I hope you enjoyed these little snippets about me. Comment below! Let me know what are some fun facts about you!
The images above were found on Pinterest.*